When you clear clutter, you invariably experience a huge shift in energy, bringing many new things your way.
What is Clutter?
- any equipment that is broken or doesn't work properly
- clothes that no longer fit
- old magazines and newspapers that are accumulating dust in a corner/on a bookshelf/in a box
- excess items that you don't use (how many mugs do you really need?)
- things that you hang on to becuase they might come in handy one day
- gifts you have received and kept even though you don't like them
- items of value that are no longer fashionable or you don't use but are "too good" to throw away
- old baby clothes and toys (especially if your youngest child has commenced school)
- any other item that you haven't used for over a year
Rome wasn't built in a day so tackle the task one room at a time. What do you think needs the most attention? If things are stagnant in your relationship, then you may wish to start by clearing out your bedroom (don't forget to look under the bed). It is also good practice to fix or remove any equipment or machinery that doesn’t work properly as they represent dysfunction in your life. There are many ways of getting rid of your clutter. Some things may go to St Vinnies, some may be saleable on ebay or at a garage sale, some may go to a friend or family member and other items may simply be headed for the bin. So have several boxes ready to go when you start decluttering so you can allocate things accordingly.
Don't wait for Spring, clear your clutter now! You may even find you walk with more of a spring in your step! Just remember, once your home is uncluttered to only bring new things into your space that you really love or really need.
Wishing you luck with your de-cluttering and hoping it clears the way for many new and exciting opportunities in your life!